Wednesday, December 2, 2009

my schedule is kilnin' me.

crunch time. i hate that phrase, makes me think of stepping on beetles. i suppose it's better than "five minutes to midnight" an all too dramatic and overused phrase. i suppose the work i have to do isn't too too much... i really should have bisque fired a day earlier but pieces weren't ready. i hate not judging my drying times right. anyway i got my work cut out for me tonight and tomorrow.. i gotta unload and turn around the kiln tonight for a glaze firing of mugs which means glazing the bisqueware. anyway i also gotta truck all this stuff to town as well, i've been moving it a bit at a time while coming to work but i can only carry so much... oh well if i gotta borrow a vehicle so be it.

ghost the cat seemed pretty interested in the mugs and bowls that i was packing into my timbuk2 satchel this morning... she always has to inspect the new work before i pack it out. anyway had a pretty good load of greenware for the bisque cycle that ran last night. a nice full load of mugs and a few bowls that i needed to finish up a pretty full load all in all. it is a relief to have the bisque done but i'm running late.


on a bike related note: transported a bunch a bowls this morning and had a great ride... it was -17 Celsius and a little slippery on the roads... the funny thing was that my boots were more slippery than my tires... those are like Velcro compared to the cold rubber of my solomon's so in a way i'm crazy happy i decided to ride instead of walk this winter... i know last year i had my share of slip outs while hoofing it. anyway glaze tonight and that will rock balls. the more i can get done this week the better... gotta stay positive... gotta pray to the kiln gods (suggested to be Hephaestus, but i think he is the forge god and not the kiln god, but he is the god of artisans) and gotta be conservative when it comes to kiln space and pretty much perfect with my application, i don't have much room for fixing mistakes... chat at cha laytah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

drop your opinion here! did i wuss out, man up or just eat shit in a generally horrific way?