Wednesday, December 30, 2009

boy in the city. brandon visits yellowknife.

hey what's up out there? i hope you are enjoying the end of your 2009... for me it's been an interesting year, one full of much insanity and emotional turbulence. anywho as a little cap to everything i thought i would bust up to yellowknife for a couple days in order to escape my space and gain new appreciation for it before another year of paper, clay, bikes, skis and hopefully fish. anywho it's been nice so far, just taking it easy and spending some time with a good friend.

so 2009 is closing and it was a strange one. here is my top five great and top five suck for the year, i'm not actually putting my number one suck because it's a little too personal.

SUCK
5. blacking out, hitting my head on a coffee table and being hauled away in a meat wagon, having my head stapled, being belligerent at the hospital, escaping with no shoes and no glasses, getting back to my shack and just about to crawl into bed when the fuzz show up... they haul me back to the hospital.

4. got drunk, tried to jump a three foot fence, came down wrong and rolled my ankle, couldn't walk for 3 days, could hardly ride a bike or walk for 3 weeks and it still hurts.

3. the return of stomach problems, my own body is turning against me. seriously, it hurts.

2. monotony, feels like i live the same day everyday, you know, like "groundhog day" on shittier and without a little fuzzy rodent, or bill murry.

1. another year alone, no love for boys like me.


GREAT

5. new bicycle, started to winter bike.

4. caught an eight pound pickeral in the hay river, biggest pick i've caught yet.

3. my sister was around for the year, really helped out.

2. spent alot of time fishing and hanging at the beach. even fished in October.

1. one full year without a car of buying gasoline.

yeah so i guess it was an alright year, nothing incredible, still waiting to be hit by lightening... trying to fall in love with the world again and searching for a bit of comfort. i guess good warriors soldier on, swords by their side, waiting to be put to use as swift as meditation to action and dealing the swiftest most perfect cut. well this is brandon of the silver class wishing you all another great spin around the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

drop your opinion here! did i wuss out, man up or just eat shit in a generally horrific way?