Wednesday, January 13, 2010

everyone is an expert on ice biking.

i'm tired of everyone telling me that i'm going to kill myself. seriously. you would think that i would have some idea what i'm doing out there, you know, seeing that i'm the guy doing it. but no, everyone has advice for me. everybody says they can't see me, i say if you can't see all the lights and shit strapped to me then you should have your license revoked and be forced to walk.

i guess what it comes down to is that people can't appreciate the effort of this undertaking. they just think i'm crazy... not scared or concerned with the environment or challenging myself or broke (as in poor, not like a horse) or that i could actually enjoy it. i'm crazy that's all. maybe i think you are crazy for driving a car... i find my life has significantly been simplified when i started riding in the winter, no car to have to put fuel in, no "warm up" period, no registration, no insurance.

the bitter side of me wants to get hit. but i don't want to start the whole "us vs. them" debate, mostly because there is no "us", it's me. i'm not mad at "them" i'm just a little annoyed, is it not enough that i go all the way over and into the snow? is it not enough i leave 40 minutes before i need to be at my destination? and yet i still hear about how i'm "gonna get killed" but never by the person telling me that, no they are way too considerate... and everybody tells me, so logically i'm safe right?

whatever, sorry to be so down and cantankerous but that's my mood today, i'm sick of the lectures, from people in cars. well here is today's piece o' clay o' the day.


on the left a jar shape on the right a enclosed quite large piggy bank. not bad for six o'clock and still sleepy. anyway, so far that is 2 days. the ride this morning was pretty nice too, except for the vehicles, seemed like there were more than usual. anyway i'll catch you all later and have a groovy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

drop your opinion here! did i wuss out, man up or just eat shit in a generally horrific way?